There are few experiences more powerful than making a wish come true
Make-A-Wish Ireland welcomes volunteers from all backgrounds and we currently have over 150 dedicated volunteers in all 26 counties of Ireland. By volunteering you can gain new skills, make new friends and have fun, all while enjoying the sense of reward that comes from making a difference and knowing you're helping to make wishes come true.
Without our volunteers, we would not be able to grant the wishes that we do, making so many wonderful memories for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families.
We welcome all volunteers regardless of their cultural and ethnic origin, religion, gender, physical, social or economic background.
Our Community Volunteers are the foundation of Make-A-Wish. As a Community Volunteer you will be involved in attending events on behalf of Make-A-Wish, raising awareness of Make-A-Wish in your area, visiting wish children to bring them on their wish journey, and assisting with our national fundraising day - Wish Day. You will also have the option to deliver school talks to primary and secondary school students.
We would ask our volunteers to commit to the below each year in their local areas:
- Participate in a minimum of 3 wish visits (if available in your area)
- Assist in the coordination of Wish Day, our national fundraising day
- Attend cheque presentations
- Organise one fundraising event per year
- Link us with your place of work and local schools if appropriate
- School visits (if available during the day)
- Attend local committee meetings (maximum twice a year)
- Attend any further training events after induction training
- Promote Make-A-Wish
- Good with children
- Strong communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with initiative and drive
- IT skills
- Previous experience in fundraising events is desirable
- Access to a car is desirable but not a necessity
There is no minimum or maximum time you need to provide weekly or monthly to Make-A-Wish. Time commitment can vary depending on the amount of wishes in your areas or school talk requests etc. We do ask that you spread awareness of Make-A-Wish as much as possible. We understand personal and work commitments can limit your availability sometimes and we are happy to work alongside you with this.
We require Community Volunteers in all counties of the Republic of Ireland
Please note the minimum age to be a Community Volunteer is 21 years of age. If you are over 14 years old, you can still be involved as a fundraising/events volunteer. We request that volunteers are over 21 years of age as the wish visits at times can be very challenging and emotional which require good personal/communication skills along with life experience.
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Claire for further information at email@example.com