Register your interest to become a volunteer coordinator today!
Wish Week is a celebration of all of the Wishes granted in Ireland so far and an appeal to the public to help bring joy to seriously ill children and their families! Support Make-A-Wish Ireland this Wish Week by raising awareness of the important work that we do, and by donating, volunteering, or hosting a fundraiser.
What’s involved in being a Wish Week community organiser?
- Recruit volunteers in your community to support the collections on Wish Week. This could include family, friends, work colleagues or members of your local clubs.
- Select a day that suits you between the dates of Monday 22nd April – Saturday 27th April.
- Organise a volunteer schedule for the collection day highlighting times and locations that need to be covered by volunteers.
- Request fundraising materials from Make-A-Wish office to be used on collection day.
- Supervise your community collection on Wish Day and support as needed.
- Collect, count, and lodge all funds raised at your local bank or post office.
What are the requirements to become a Wish Week community organiser?
- Available all day on your chosen collection date.
- Strong organization & interpersonal skills.
- Good connections in your local community.
- A passion for charity and making a difference.