Our Community Volunteers are the foundation of Make-A-Wish. As a Community Volunteer you will be involved in attending events on behalf of Make-A-Wish, raising awareness of Make-A-Wish in your area, visiting wish children to find out their one true wish, and assisting with our national fundraising day - Wish Day. You will also have the option to deliver school talks to primary and secondary school students.
Make-A-Wish welcomes all volunteer applications regardless of their cultural and ethnic origin, religion, gender and physical, social or economic background
We would ask our volunteers to commit to the below each year in their local areas:
- Participate in a minimum of 3 wish visits (if available in your area)
- Assist in the coordination of Wish Day, our national fundraising day
- Attend cheque presentations
- Organise one fundraising event per year
- Link us with your place of work and local schools if appropriate
- School visits (if available during the day)
- Attend local committee meetings (maximum twice a year)
- Attend any further training events after induction training
- Promote Make-A-Wish
In addition, a variety of tasks outside of the above may be available which will compliment your own specific skill set such as event planning, online marketing, interior design, carpentry skills.
- Good with children
- Strong communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with initiative and drive
- Previous experience in fundraising events is desirable
- Access to a car is desirable but not a necessity
There is no minimum or maximum time you need to provide weekly or monthly to Make-A-Wish. Time commitment can vary depending on the amount of wishes in your areas or school talk requests etc. We do ask that you spread awareness of Make-A-Wish as much as possible. We understand personal and work commitments can limit your availability sometimes and we are happy to work alongside you with this.
We require Community Volunteers in all counties of the Republic of Ireland
To become a community volunteer, you will need to complete an application form which will be emailed to you. Once your application is processed you will be required to complete a phone interview, Garda vetting and formal training. Make-A-Wish Ireland reserve the right to reject volunteer applications at any stage during this process.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please contact Claire on email@example.com or call 01 204 2007