Individual Giving Officer
Individual Giving Officer
Contract: 2 years fixed term
Responsible to: Fundraising & Market Development Manager
Closing Date: 20/05/2022
Make-A-Wish Ireland has one simple aim – we grant the wishes of children aged between 3 and 17 years living with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Since 1992, Make-A-Wish Ireland has granted wishes for more than 2,000 brave children across the country.
Make-A-Wish Ireland is hiring an Individual Giving Officer to join our team, with specific responsibility for Individual Giving, Donor Retention and Recruitment. They will be required to maintain and grow our income from individual donors using new and current Make-A-Wish campaigns.
The Individual Giving Officer will complement and collaborate with other members of the fundraising team to ensure maximum income generation for Corporate, Schools, Major Events and Individual Giving.
Salary depends on previous experience. Full clean driving licence essential.
Closing date for applications is 20/05/2022
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to Brian McEvoy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work to increase our supporter numbers and regular individual giving as part of our wider fundraising strategy. Working with the Fundraising Manager, produce, test and implement a full range of supporter recruitment and development techniques, using both online and traditional media.
- Implement compelling supporter journeys to inspire individuals and motivate them to donate and make sure they see the value of their ongoing support and contribution.
- Help to develop joined-up, multi-channel fundraising and campaigning initiatives to engage with current and potential individual givers in the most inspiring and effective ways possible.
- To contribute to and deliver against annual budgets, targets and plans, working alongside the Fundraising Manager
- Update & maintain CRM (Salesforce) with accurate and timely information.
- Represent Make-A-Wish at local, regional and national fundraising activities and events
- To assist in the management of media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- To undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the Fundraising Manager
- Fundraising experience with specific skills in donor retention and campaigns
- CRM experience is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to ask, negotiate and influence
- Computer literate, highly numerate with excellent writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrable experience in working to and achieving targets
- Fluent in English
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working under pressure and to deadlines
- A clear understanding and passion for the mission, values and behaviours
- Strong communicator both on the phone and in-person
- The ability to work on your own and as part of a team; flexibility, a team player, willingness to assist in achieving team goals beyond your own roles responsibilities is essential
- A full driving licence and access to a car as this position requires some travel
- Target driven & focused on results