Make-A-Wish Ireland has one simple aim – to grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions, to bring hope, strength and happiness.
Since 1992, Make-A-Wish has granted wishes for more than 2,600 brave children across Ireland. A wish granted is true magic for the child, providing respite from their normal routines of hospitals, doctors and treatment. Make-A-Wish does not receive any government funding and relies overwhelmingly on the kindness of the Irish public to continue granting wishes.
Core Objective: To grant wishes and manage wish journeys of children living with a life-threatening illness
The Wishgranter will create, manage and grant wishes to children living with a life-threatening illness, some of which need to be organised at a few days’ notice. We are looking for a creative person, who has experience working with children, the ability to work on own initiative, prioritise, excellent attention to detail, budgeting experience, target driven, excellent telephone manner with the ability to emphatically manage highly sensitive circumstances with our wish families.
- To manage a variety of wish types whilst adhering to standards and, ensuring our wish children receive the experience they deserve.
- To follow the processes involved in granting wishes – wish journey stages
- To deliver on targets and within budget
- Produce and adhere to budgets utilising guidelines and policies provided
- To liaise with wish families, medical professionals, volunteers and suppliers in the community involved in wishes
- Obtain Donation in Kind/Gift In-Kind for wishes/enhancements
- To obtain quality wish stories where publicity approvals are agreed
- Control and coordinate all documentation for each wish
- Work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator on the status and requirements of wish journeys assigned to volunteers
- Follow up on wishes that have been completed, maintaining a connection with families
- Day to day administration and keeping records updated on Salesforce
- Work with Wishgranting team to reach departmental objectives
- To undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with the line manager
- Strong interpersonal, empathy and communication skills
- Display an ability to achieve set targets/goals
- Have previous experience of working with children
- A clear understanding and passion for the mission, values and behaviours
- Excellent time management, planning, organisational and administrative skills
- The ability to juggle a wide range of activities, prioritise own workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal, written and face to face
- Flexibility to travel and willingness to work occasional weekends/evenings as required.
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Strong IT skills
- Social Media knowledge an advantage but not essential
- Full clean driving licence essential.
Please note that Eirkoo are sourcing this role on a pro-bono basis for Make-A-Wish Ireland and therefore applications will be viewed by both Eirkoo and Make-A-Wish Ireland. Please apply here.