Head of Finance
Since 1992, Make-A-Wish has granted wishes for more than 2,600 brave children across Ireland. A wish granted is true magic for the child, providing respite from their normal routines of hospitals, doctors and treatment. Make-A-Wish does not receive any government funding and relies overwhelmingly on the kindness of the Irish public to continue granting wishes.
- Ensure that strong internal financial controls are in place throughout the organisation, including up-to-date documented policies and procedures.
- Manage ongoing financial compliance requirements for our various income channels
- Prepare monthly management accounts and commentary
- Prepare the annual and 3-year financial plan
- Prepare a monthly financial forecast to year-end
- Prepare regular cashflow statements and forecasts.
- Prepare the year-end accounts and annual financial statements including the directors’ report
- Liaise with the auditors and manage the year-end audit process
- Manage and process all supplier payments.
- Manage income processes to ensure that income is recorded promptly and accurately.
- Manage the monthly payroll and all tax compliance liaising with Revenue
- Prepare the annual Charities VAT Compensation Scheme return.
- Manage all banking arrangements including deposit accounts and credit cards.
- Liaise with the Treasurer, the Audit Committee and the Board.
- Compile board papers and presentations.
- Attend Board meetings.
- Oversee the development of finance and admin processes, in particular, the recent upgrade of the Sage accounts system, Salesforce development and the integration of the two systems.
- Liaise closely with other members of the management team so that the team has a seamless understanding of our current and forecast operations and of our financial position.
- Complete quarterly returns to Make-A-Wish International and liaise with International colleagues on areas of mutual interest.
- Carry out company secretarial work – B1 annual return and B10 change in director forms
- Comply with the requirements of the Charities Regulator including the annual return and change in director updates.
- Update the corporate risk register on an annual basis for approval by the Board.
- Support the Board in meeting its obligations under the Charities Governance Code.
- Liaise closely with members of the management team and marketing in relation to completion of the Annual Report
- Support the development and implementation of the organisational strategy
- Manage IT development work and act as the primary contact for our IT managed services.
- Ensure that good procurement processes are in place and oversee the procurement process for key services.
- Manage all insurance requirements.
- Liaise with pension providers.
- Liaise with office and operational suppliers.
- Manage HR administration such as annual leave.
The suitable applicant for this role will have at least 5 years of relevant experience at a senior level. You will ideally have an accounting qualification and knowledge of SAGE. You will have experience with all aspects of a finance function and be able to liaise with relevant stakeholders both internally and externally while ensuring that the organisation is compliant with all appropriate regulations. Knowledge of the Not-For-Profit or Charity sectors would be advantageous. A strong attention to detail, exemplary communication skills and the ability to multitask are all key.
Please note that Eirkoo are sourcing this role on a pro-bono basis for Make-A-Wish Ireland and therefore applications will be viewed by both Eirkoo and Make-A-Wish Ireland.