Corporate Fundraising Executive
Job Title: Corporate Fundraising Executive
Contract: 1 year fixed term contract
Location: Dublin – Hybrid model
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Closing date for applications is 19th June 2023.
For further information or to apply please contact [email protected].
Make-A-Wish Ireland is recruiting a Corporate Fundraising Executive who will play a key role in the development and implementation of several new and exciting partnerships at Make-A-Wish Ireland.
This role will be critical in managing relationships with key partners who support and compliment Make-A-Wish Irelands work. There will be an opportunity to shape the work and be creative, whilst being supported to develop in your role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our dynamic and passionate fundraising team. The Corporate Fundraising Executive will work in an atmosphere of positivity, ambition and creativity.
They will play a key role in helping Make-A-Wish achieve its mission to grant wishes to children with life-threating illness across Ireland. Our vision is to grant a wish to every eligible child in Ireland as part of their treatment journey.
• Work closely with the CEO and the Fundraising and Marketing Lead to develop, manage
and retain a large portfolio of corporate partnerships, building and maintaining long-term
relationships to ensure sustained support and income.
• To establish new relationships through networking and business development. Pro-actively develop a new business pipeline.
• Work with the Fundraising and Marketing Lead to take ownership of your own portion of the portfolio of corporate partners, donors and new business projects.
• Work to understand wishgranting needs in order to support in the granting of wishes through Gift in Kind donations from Corporates.
• Deliver a stewardship programme for all corporate partners to ensure maximum donor retention for both new and existing partners.
• Work with your colleagues to devise and implement a donor development strategy for the corporate sector.
• Monitor and track expenditure and financial targets across all corporate partnerships.
• Undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with Fundraising and Marketing Lead.
• Day-to-day responsibility for the corporate donor relationship management and administration, in particular with regard to staff fundraising activities and partnerships.
• Motivate partners to participate in Make-A-Wish annual fundraising campaigns.
• Work closely with the Fundraising and Marketing Lead to develop, implement and maintain a programme of communications for relevant partners (e.g. face-to-face, regular communication via e-zines, use of online platforms such as social media, blog and website etc.).
• Build relationships with partners through regular meetings, presentations and attending.
• Develop proposals and presentations as required and deliver presentations to potential partners.
• Keep up to date with current corporate news and corporate social responsibility trends.
• To attend local, regional and national fundraising activities and events.
• Update & Maintain CRM (Salesforce) with accurate and timely information.
• Flexibility to travel and willingness to occasional weekends/evenings as required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in sales/business development/account management (experience within the charity sector is an advantage but not essential )
- Demonstrable experience in working to and achieving targets.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, verbal, written and face to face and presentation.
- The ability to ask, negotiate and influence.
- Computer literate. Experience working with a database (Salesforce experience an advantage)
- A clear understanding of the corporate sector and corporate social responsibility.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- High degree of initiative, flexibility & creativity.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Comfortable working under pressure and to deadlines.
- The ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- A full driving licence and access to a car as this position requires some travel
- Target driven & focused on results.
- A clear understanding of the corporate sector.
- The ability to plan and develop long-term partnerships with existing and new contacts.
Please send your CV and covering letter to Susan O’Dwyer, Chief Executive @ [email protected] by close of business Monday 19th June 2023